Thursday, December 15, 2005
Book-whore
Ordered two more books last night - only little ones, and resisted getting 'An introduction to Confucionism' by Xinzong Yao - my Confucionism and Taoism lecturer next term.
The books I went for last night are by Aff Cath, the great high church Anglo-Catholic that I'm interested in - one's by Dr. Jeffery John, and the other is by a namesake of the person who killed John Lennon.
I got my Christian Doctrine essay back, I did pretty well, considering I only had two books to quote from, and one of those was the book of common prayer. The other was by the fantastic Karen Armstrong. It was on the concept of the Trinity 'from two Christian viewpoints' - I went for Eastern and Western, and rambled on about the western rational heritage, and the eastern view of it as mystical. And I got an upper second for it - groovy.